Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Friday, December 16, 2011

You should know.....

I am a dog lover, a wonderful boxer named Colonel literally taught my sister and I how to walk. I learned the art of shedding from a Pekinese, what cuteness was all about from my Dad's pug (Sampa), I experienced Personality from my wife's Giant Schnauzer (the beautiful Isabella), and true loyalty and unconditional love from my two best buddies, Tricks and Huey. But nothing prepared me for the miracle named Payton! She is Pugnacious P, my Grandpug, and next to her mom Christy, the light of my life! I'm not doing this blog because I have anything great to contribute but rather because I have been blessed with meeting many wonderful characters thru Payton and Christy's blog and I want a way to communicate with them (and anyone else who joins our terrific community) without taking up space on their posts and boring their followers to death! So here I am. I still work so I don't have a lot of time to devote to the blog, yet, but I will do my best. I'll probably start out providing posts on my background (Southern Indiana boy turned into a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force, turned into a local Director for an Information Technology company (Unisys), still supporting my country the best way I can. And along the way got a few degrees, somehow landed the most wonderful woman on the planet, helped (very little according to my womenfolk) create a gorgeous, very smart daughter, AND managed to sneak in some golf (my real passion)! I don't take myself too seriously, I'm very thankful for my many blessings, and I insist on laughing along the way. So with that I simply say that I hope everyone who does read this has a most wonderful and merry Christmas! P.S. I tried to post some pictures but it won't let me access my files! A lot to learn, obviously! :) Gampy

30 comments:

  1. You should know that I love you, Gampy!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Payton's Gampy is blogging! I am originally from southern Indiana too, family is all still there. Blogger can be a little temperamental I always use Chrome as my browser but for blogger I have to use Firefox or I can't post or access my files either.
    Shea-Lola and Tucker's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still am not seeing the blogs I follow either which means I have to manually hunt for them. Still, it's worth it of bloggers like you!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gampy, buddy! Welcome tuh Blogville!

    Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force?! (Hank salutes.) We need tuh git tuhgether an' swap stories. Did you know I killed fitty men in Da Nang? Yep. Mmhmm.

    Yes, sir, you DO have a blessed life.

    Yer pal -

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gampy!!!!

    Welcome to the world of Blogging!!!!

    Wow...Chief Master Sargeant in the Air Force!? THANK YOU for your service! (Don't listen to Hanklin up there...he's probably all hopped up on Stupid Juice!)

    We can't wait to follow you!

    Love,
    Salinger (and peeps!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pee Ess....NO ONE gives ear and butt scritches like YOU!

    Love,
    S-Dog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hank, I was one of many that probably loaded you and your gear on the airplane that took you there.

    Sal, I enjoyed it as much as you did (Wow, that sounds a little kinky doesn't it!).

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gampy!! We met you at Ellie's birthday party!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging :)

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful that you've started blogging so you can join in the fun. :D

    Opaka.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gampy, so glad you've made the leap to get a blog of your very own! I look forward to getting to know the man behind Payton's Gampy.
    Licks,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yoda and company, Opaka,

    I certainly do remember that amazing day, Yoda!

    Thank you all, I look forward to wonderful conversations!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gampy

    We are so touched by the many dogs who have enriched your life. We feel very blessed by our dear angel Nicki (lab) who was with us for 14 years and now vivacious Scarlet who rescued us when she came into our lives.

    We look forward to reading your blog and have loved reading your comments in pugblogville. And thank for keeping us safe!

    Xoxo
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for those very kind words, I'm a lucky person!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gampy! I don't have a pug (yet) but the blogville group has graciously allowed me to be an honorary pug person. I drove through parts of southern Indiana today (anything south of Indy is southern, isn't it?), does that count? I'm living in Chicago and have enjoyed seeing Payton's visits to our fair city! Great to have you about in the blogosphere! And as others have said, thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's my definition, DW. I'm from Bedford, limestone country!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I drove past Bedford! Well, sorta - I was on interstate 65 all the way through Indiana, right through Louisville!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You where slightly east, 37 goes through Bedford, but you went through Brown County which is a pretty part of Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Payton's Gampy!!! Payton's Gampy!!!! Payton's Gampy!!! I'm stalking you.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bella, you are one of the reasons I enjoy Pug Blogville, young lady, you've got quite the style!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your from Bedford Gampy?! I am from Mitchell.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My Mom was born and raised in Mitchell. She grew up and was friends with Gus Grissom. Actually I spent as much time there growing up as I did in Bedford because my parents worked so much my great grandmother (Carrie Clements) and Grandmother (Marjorie Laker) practically raised me. My mom was an obstetric's nurse at Dunn Memorial for 35 years so she helped bring a lot of Mitchell folks into the world thru the middle 1980s. : )

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi gampy.
    I see many of your posts in the blogville area...you usually crack me up so much that I forget what I was going to comment about!!! I think you are quite wise and hilarious, a super mix. Your grandpug and daughter are super great.
    love
    Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Buddy, thanks for those kind comments. I'll be posting on your blog shortly with a recommendation for comfy clothes for you.

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gampy-My Mom was also friends with Gus, he was a great guy. Your Mom and mine probably know each other or a lot of the same people at the very least. If you ever cruised Ted's in the early 70's you and I have probably crossed paths.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nope, I graduated in 66 and was in the AF since 1968. My Mom passed away in 2002 but im sure there were mutual friends/acquaintences. My brother Jay Inman was cruising Ted's and all over Mitchell and Bedford during the 70s. He and my sister Valerie still live in Bloomington and Springville respectfully.

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi gampy!
    we love your family, payton and your new blog!
    we are lucky to have you!
    xoxox
    a & m

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Gampy mom is VERY happy you have your own blog too :) It's soooo nice to read you :) Fredzik Zuzia Pucia and Gosia from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete