Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sleepy Sunday

A young Payton and our beloved Huey and Isabella, circa 2004.  On lazy days like this my mind often wanders to times when Payton and her BDF Izzy would cavort all over our backyard sounding and looking as if a killing was about to take place and Huey would desperately try and not get run over!  Gammy would laugh and laugh at the site of the diminutive but fiesty Payton taking on that giant beast!  Izzy was a holy terror to everyone but Payton, who evidently brought out the only "motherly" instincts Izzy possessed.  And believe me, Payton took full advantage of that!

Gammy and Izzy were pretty funny to watch as well, as those two were locked at the hip, sometimes literally!  Huey was my buddy and pretty much a loner in that he didn't like to be around anyone but me.  There will be future posts about both Izzy and Huey but suffice to say they are missed.  Gammy and I are filled with great memories and our hearts are warmer and bigger because of them.

To all of the wonderful four and two legged creatures who populate this Blogville I wish you happy days and warm memories!

Gampy

4 comments:

  1. It's so sad when we lose our beloved friends. I'd love to hear more about Izzy and Huey.
    Sounds like Payton is like all pugs, a big dog in a little package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, Gampy.

    Izzy and Huey were gorgeous! So nice that Payton had them as friends.

    Yes, they DO make our lives more full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post Gampy! My Grammy had a beloved Schnauzer, Molly, and she misses her too. Grammy says that unlike me she had manners and was a lady. I say she was stuck up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my dear Angel Nicki, a Lab, (http://www.ponderingyogini.org/2011/04/sweet-angel-nicki.html) was a youngster her best friend was a Dachshund named Arnie. They would play tirelessly! I love the dynamic of little and big dogs romping together ~ they're all the same size in their God-filled spirits.

    Thanks for sharing this Gampy!

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete