Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Friday, June 8, 2012

My Friend Hank

My buddy Hank


I'm in North Carolina for a board meeting of the Star Foundation, a military charity foundation that gives funds to small, grassroots charities that make a real contribution to needy military and their families. It's something that I know Hank would be proud of and I plan on putting some of my own money into the coffers in memory of Hank, a fellow Nam Vet. I have lost my Grandpug and now my best blogger buddy and all I can do is say my heart goes out to Hank's family. I rather suspect Hank is looking after Payton now and selfishly that gives me some peace. God blesses the pure of heart and those that live life true; Hank crossed the bridge with bugles trumpeting. Goodbye dear friend, please take care of sweet Payton! Gampy

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute to Hank, Gampy.
    I know your heart is hurting too - like mine is.
    I know Hank is looking out for Payton now, I know it for sure.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice tribute to Hanklin, Gampy! I am sure he's looking out for Payton, though he may have introduced her to his sister Molly O'Mally and asked her to keep an eye on Payton while he kicks back with a PBR! Hank will sure be missed, as are Payton, Yoda and so many others we've lost recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many pugs (and people) are getting their wings these days.

    Lots and lots of love to Hank and his family, and to you, Gampy.

    Lola Pug and her People

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you are in North Carolina and didn't come up to Virginia to give us your world famous butt scritchies!

    We know that Payton is already showing him all over heaven, making him feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gampy, you are a good man. Hank would have been very proud of that foundation and YOU for sitting on the board. Making a donation in Hank's memory is the best thing you could do to honor him.

    I'd imagine it gave both Payton and Hank much comfort to see a familiar face at the bridge yesterday morning. They live in our hearts forever, Gampy. Nothing remembered ever really dies.

    Thank you for enjoying my little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful post Gampy! We just know that Payton, Hank & Yoda are up there living it up and enjoying each other's company!!

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Brutus & Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so sad that so many of our blogger furiends have gone to the bridge recently! They are all together ... waiting for the rest of us! Mama hopes that won't be for a very long time

    Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Grampy,you are such a beautiful soul!

    The military foundation charity sounds wonderful!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie, Mack and foster Mario

    ReplyDelete