Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessed in so many ways

Payne Stewart Statue at Pinehurst #2
My child bride not only gives my life meaning, takes care of me, tolerates my senility, but she also lets me golf.  To some that may not mean much, but to me it's life sustaining.  Golf is my true passion in life not tied to God and family.

Last week I was able to complete a "bucket list" trip to Pinehurst Golf Resort and along the way got to play East Lake in Atlanta, Ga., the course where Bobby Jones grew up and learned golf.  From that heady 18 we traveled to North Carolina to spend four days playing the site of next year's Men and Women's United States Opens (they will be played in consecutive weeks on Pinehurst #2).

We also played Pine Needles, site of the Woman's US Open in 1996, 2001, and 2007.  Tobacco Road and the Country Club of North Carolina also were savaged by our foursome, causing greenskeepers to earn their pay repairing the grounds from our gouges and slashes that we like to think are golf swings!

We returned home via Nashville Tennessee where we stopped overnight so we could play Vanderbilt's Legends Country Club, specifically the North Course.  This has been the site of numerous Ladies and Men's pro tournaments and the North Course has the finest greens I have ever played on, a sentiment shared by our entire foursome.

So you see, I'm indeed blessed to have the support of my child bride, my beautiful, pug-loving daughter, all the while enjoying the greatest game ever played by man.  God is good!

12 comments:

  1. Dear Gampy
    I love hearing about your blessings!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Gampy that was a great story, blessings come in lots of packages don't they.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gampy,
    What a great trip you had! My Mommy #1 fully understands your love for golf. Although she does not play the game herself, she learned a lot about it from the men in her life who were avid players. And one fateful trip to Hawaii where she smashed her foot and was confined to quarters during the US Open. . . she had company for a few days who happened to be a golf pro who filled her in on all the nuances of the game. So she understands. . .
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get "stranded with a pro, Noodles! Maybe they could teach me how to play better! : )

      Delete
  4. Grampy, you are a blessing to all of us too!

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all lucky to have one another sharing a mutual love of Pugs and their caretakers! Thank you ladies!

      Gampy

      Delete
  5. Hi Grampy!
    You are indeed VERY blessed, its nice to have a loving wife who supports you and lets you enjoy what you love to do! I loved reading this post, my Grampy loves golf and my Daddy loves it too! I cant say that I have ever played it but i do enjoy chasing those little white balls around the house if they ever break loose from my Daddys Gold bag! Its fun!
    Love, Licks and Hugs from your furiend Frank xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where chasing them would be fun, Frank, but I wouldn't recommend chomping down on them too hard! : )

      Love, Gampy

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful trip you had Gampy! Mom can't wait to retire (approx 2 1/2 yrs to go) so she and Dad can have the time to fullfill some dream trips. By the way, you didn't lose any golf balls did you? cause we found several in our yard. No idea where they came from. It is nice to hear from you now and then.
    love
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that u got 2 go there
    Urban hounds

    ReplyDelete