Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Gampy, Daisy, and Donald

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

I thank my God for the many blessings He has led me to, I give those who paid the ultimate sacrifice my most crisp salute. To my fellow Soldiers at Arms I raise a toast to our mutual love of everything this great country stands for; Family, Freedom, Honor, and the value of each and every human being. I pray that one day all my friends and their loved ones will never know the anguish this day brings to far too many in this great land.

I long for the day when the American Flag is respected by all, be it at an event or simply seeing it wave gloriously in a neighbor's yard or some magnificent edifice. May it always remind us that our blessings come at a horrific cost, but one shouldered voluntarily by the American soldier, God give his grace to thee.

My love to all,
Gampy


7 comments:

  1. Thank you Gampy, beautiful post
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said. It's important to remember why we have this holiday - to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

    Karen and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gampy! So well said.

    We love you!
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gampy
    what a beautiful post,, and you say the words sooo well!
    Thank you Gampy!
    love
    your tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a beautiful heartfelt post Gampy, and of course we love that picture!!!!!!!!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments. It is a very special day to me. And my lovely daughter sent me a kind email with that wonderful pug drawing as the centerpiece. Hope all of you have a most wonderful weekend!!

    Love, Gampy

    ReplyDelete